Citrus Aurantium Extract and Weight Loss Benefits
1. What exactly is Citrus Aurantium Extract?
2. What are the effects and health benefits of Citrus Aurantium?
3. Weight loss benefits of Citrus Aurantium!
4. Side effects, caution and interactions!
5. High quality diet pills that use Citrus Aurantium Extract!
What Exactly is Citrus Aurantium Extract?
Another, better known term is bitter orange (plant). It’s fruit is well known and consumed around the world and people generally know that bitter orange contain many vitamins. However, some other parts of the plant are also used to make medicine, like flower, leaf, peel, fruit and fruit juice. For instance bitter orange oil is made from the peel. Citrus aurantium extract, which is used in weight loss products is usually made from fruit peel.
Citrus aurantium extract gained popularity in weight loss products after FDA banned the herbal supplement Ephedra, because of the adverse side effects it caused. Citrus aurantium works similarly on weight loss but with less side effects. (1)
What are The Effects and Health Benefits of Citrus Aurantium?
In general, bitter orange contains many chemicals that effect the nervous system in body. The effect of these chemicals highly varies depending on the part of the plant and the method used for preparation. Fruit contains high amounts of vitamins, specially vitamin C. Other parts of the plant are also very useful. Some people dislike the taste of the fruit, because it tastes very bitter.
Bitter orange oil is effective for treatment of fungal skin conditions, ringworm, jock itch and athlete’s foot. Together with orange flower are also used for relieving symptoms of ulcers in the intestine, constipation, blood in feces, diarrhea and intestinal gas. Interestingly it has also been used to lower blood sugar, stimulating heart and circulation, disorders of liver, gallbladder, bladder and kidney diseases.
Various extracts and plant parts of citrus aurantium are used as:
– essential oil in aromatherapy
– reducing skin swelling and inflammation
– treating skin impurities
– blood cleanser
– relieving muscular pain, joint pain, bruises, headaches, nerve pain
– reducing anxieties
– regulating cholesterol
– mild sleep problems (mild insomnia)
– food flavoring in food industry
– products like pharmaceuticals, cosmetics and soaps
– weight loss!
Citrus aurantium peel extract combined with caffeine is used in weight loss products. So let’s dig deeper into how that works!
Weight Loss Effect of Citrus Aurantium!
It was thought that citrus aurantium extract isn’t much effective in weight loss by itself, so usually it is combined with caffeine and other herbs which more directly increase the fat burning process in body. This combination utilizes greater effect on weight loss. Citrus aurantium mobilizes fat cells in the body, which in combination with more direct fat burners like cayenne pepper, caffeine and L-Carnitine, greatly helps body burn excess fat. An interesting study was done in 2011 that measured increase in resting metabolic rates in people when taken synephrine, an active compound found in citrus aurantium extract. At the same time they found out that there was no side effects reported, like elevation in blood pressure and heart-rates. (3)
Our highly recommended weight loss pill that puts at work a great combination of ingredients, including citrus aurantium extract, is Phen375. To learn more how you can boost your metabolism, control your food cravings and lose extra weight today, check this Phen 375 review!
Side effects, caution and interactions!
There are some health concerns and side effects connected with every stimulant ingredient or supplement that affects cell metabolism, fat mobilization and fat burning process in body.
If you are allergic to any part of the bitter orange plant, avoid citrus aurantium extract by all means! If you have any concerns or doubts consult your physician.
Citrus aurantium is highly stimulant and may speed up your heart rate and raise your blood pressure, similar to caffeine. For this reason people with high blood pressure should avoid using it or consult with a doctor before trying any product containing this extract.
Special precaution and warning:
– Diabetes: bitter orange can interfere with blood sugar control in patients with type 2 diabetes. Use with caution and monitor blood sugar levels closely.
– High blood pressure: citrus aurantium can rise blood pressure, so if you have high blood pressure you shouldn’t take citrus aurantium extract with caffeine. We also recommend to avoid citrus aurantium extract completely. If you eat fruit or drink bitter orange juice, it is advised to measure blood pressure and note if you get any reactions. In some rare cases fruit by itself can also rise blood pressure.
– Glaucoma: avoid using bitter orange in any form if you have glaucoma. It may worsen this condition.
– Heart disease and irregular heartbeat: avoid bitter orange specially in combination with caffeine if you have these conditions. There are mixed results from studies on these conditions, but some experts highly advise not to take this combination if you have any heart disease, just to be safe!
High Quality Diet Pills That Use Citrus Aurantium Extract!
Our top recommended diet pill is Phen375, which contains citrus aurantium extract along with other carefully selected herbs and extracts. Phen375 is a fat burner and metabolism booster that also suppresses hunger. Remember that all diet pills are most efficient when taken along with other efforts to lose weight, like daily exercise, reduced calorie intake and healthy diet. Click here to learn more about Phen375 fat burner and how you can achieve your desired body shape today!
All information in this article is of educational value and not a medical advice. For any concerns, doubts and questions regarding your weight loss program, diet and supplements, like citrus aurantium extract consult with your physician.
1. Effects of citrus aurantium on metabolic fluxes, www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22592089
2. Citrus aurantium in the treatment of overweight and obesity, https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16436104
3. Effects of p-synephrine (citrus aurantium) on resting metabolism, www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21537493